The drone comb frame was introduced as Integrated Pest Management (IPM) to fight Varroa mites without chemicals. Colonies instinctively build drone comb to maintain a healthy hive. Rotate frames in and out to manage Varroa mite levels. Bright green colour makes it easy to identify drone frames. Simply remove the drone frames, scrape clean or freeze to kill and eliminate parasitic mites, and replace randomly.
- Coated with natural bee’s wax
- Food-grade plastic
- Fits 9-5/8″ deep supers
- Excellent for queen breeding
- No assembly required and super durable
- Consistent and uniform cell depth (6.4 mm at the bottom and 6.6 mm at the mouth, inside dimensions) for increased production
- Impervious to wax moths and rodents